Information & Recovery Timeline
Laser Liposuction contours and removes fat deposits from areas of the body that do not change with diet and exercise. Laser Liposuction is more effective, safer and less painful than traditional liposuction, and has a quicker recovery time. It is performed as an outpatient procedure and does not require general anesthesia. This procedure uses a thin cannula with a laser tip, that heats and removes the excess fat with ease – leaving little to no evidence that the produre was ever performed. This procedure can safely remove fat from almost all parts of the body, including the face, neck, chin, breast, stomach, hips, flanks, back, inner and outer thighs, buttocks, knees, calves and ankles.With Vitality’s BeautiFill Laser functionality, fat can also be put back into any areas that you would like enhanced (breasts, buttocks, lips, etc.). If this is an option you would like to consider, let your Quote Representative know during your personal consultation!
If you are considering Laser Liposuction, the first step is to make a Laser Liposuction Consultation Appointment at Vitality Medical & Wellness Center with one of our Trained Laser Liposuction Quotation Consultants, simply call 1.406.855.2422 to schedule anytime. We want to help you make the very best choice for YOU. At this appointment you will be able to ask all the questions you may have, you will be given detailed information about the procedure and you will receive your personal quote for your Laser Liposuction.
The Next Steps
You will need to work with one of our receptionists to make the following appointments:
1. Your Surgury date. When scheduling your procedure, 1/2 of the total procedure cost will be required to hold your appointment date. The final 1/2 is due when you check in for your Pre-Op Medical Check-up.
2. Your Pre-Op Lab Draw appointment (typically 7-10 days prior to your procedure date). This Lab Draw will cost $65 and typically is not covered by insurance.
2. Your Pre-Op Medical Check-up appointment (typically 2-5 days prior to your procedure date). This appointment is with Melissa Fuller, FNP-BC and she will go over your medical history, your lab results, your cosmetic goals and your current medications. This appointment will cost $250 and typically is not covered by insurance. If you are cleared for Laser Liposuction at Vitality, after this appointment Melissa will send your Pharmacy the prescriptions you will need to take before and after your procedure. Please read and follow instructions carefully. If you have any questions, please call our office at 1.406.855.2422.
We look forward to being with you on your journey to a Happier and Healthier YOU!
- If you smoke, stop smoking at least two weeks before surgery, as smoking can hinder wound healing.
- To avoid ingrown hairs, do not shave or remove hair near the areas to be contoured the day of surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery. If you need to take medications that have been approved by your doctor, take them with a small sip of water.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing that opens in the front or is easy to remove over your head.
A solution containing a local anesthetic and drug called epinephrine will be injected into the targeted areas of excessive fatty deposits. The solution fills the fatty layer of the skin and causes it to swell and become firmer, allowing Melissa to have better control when contouring the area. The solution also causes the blood vessels to temporarily shrink, greatly reducing blood loss during the procedure, and reduces bruising, swelling and pain after the procedure.
After the solution is injected, she makes a small incision in the skin and inserts a cannula — a small, skinny tube that is connected to a vacuum-like machine — into the fatty layer. Using back and forth movements, the fat is sucked through the tube into a sterile collection system. If you are having a Fat Transfer, the fat is then filtered and placed into multiple syringes to be injected into the areas that have lost volume over the years. After the procedure, an elastic compression garment is then worn to help the skin contract and heal.
The local anesthetic injected into the fatty tissue lasts for about 24 hours following procedure. This greatly minimizes postoperative pain. Once this wears off, most patients experience some discomfort that is usually managed with Tylenol.
Most patients are alert and able to function without nausea or grogginess. Walking is encouraged immediately after the procedure to enhance healing. You may resume exercise three to seven days after the procedure. If your job does not involve heavy physical labor, you can probably return to work within a few days.
Most of the swelling goes down in a few days. Although you will see improvement within one to two weeks, it takes at least three to four months, and in some cases as long as six months, to see the treatment’s full benefit.
Like all surgery, tumescent liposuction carries both benefits and risks. Complications are rare and typically minor. The most common include skin irregularity, lumpiness, dimpling, loose skin, numbness, infections and scarring. If these do occur, they can be easily corrected in most cases.